IFS19.08 FireMate Sealant
Fire Mate Sealant is an intumescent acrylic sealant that swells when exposed to temperatures in excess of 125°C to prevent the passage of fire and smoke and has a fire rating of up to 5 hours in certain joint configurations. Fire rated to EN1366-4 (2006). Acoustic rates to BS EN ISO 140/3. Tested for air permeability to EN13141-1.
EVERFLEX FIRE MATE is a five hour rated, one part, emulsion acrylic based, intumescent Acoustic sealant that gives a firm yet flexible seal to joints in a variety of fire rated structures. Tested following the principles of BS EN 1366-4:2006 as detailed in Warrington Fire Research Report No. 181967 (May 2009). Acoustic rated to BS EN ISO 140/3. Tested for air permeability to EN13141-1. The product, in suitably designed joints will resist the passage of fire for up to 5 hours. The selected fillers used in this formulation also make it suitable for use as an acoustic sealant.
- When exposed to heat, it swells greater than 3 x its original size, so creating a char that will resist the passage of fire for up to 5 hours.
- No priming required for most construction substrates
- Permanently flexible with more than 100% elongation to ISO8339
- For use in joints up to 50mm wide.
- Excellent acoustic properties for sound deadening - Average noise reduction of 35.9db (100-3150Hz)
- Non slump - easy to apply and tool off.
- Fast cure - tack free in 15 minutes.
- Certified under the harmonized European standard EN15651 for façade for interior applications in compliance with the Construction Product Regulation
Areas For Use
- Sealing joints, voids and irregular holes in fire walls, partitions and other structures; also for maintaining the integrity of pipes and cables that penetrate them.
- For internal perimeter pointing of fire rated door and window frames.
- Not for use on substrates that may bleed oils, solvents or plasticisers.
- Not for use where joints are constantly immersed in water, or as part of structural glazing systems.